Sisters Quilting Collective (SQC) is hosted by The Brickhouse Art Gallery located in Oak Park at 2837 36th St & Broadway, Sacramento CA 95817. 916-475-1240. The Brickhouse Art Gallery’s al is to create a community atmosphere which encourages participation, exhibitions, workshops, classes and demonstrations. We remain open to redefining ART as it is ever evolving. Director & Curator, Barbara Range. email@example.com or http://www.thebrickhousegallery.net. Visit the Brickhouse Art Gallery!!
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
· The Sisters Quilting Collective meets the second Thursday of every month from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Next Membership Meeting: Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 6:00pm-8:00pm @ The Brickhouse Art Gallery, 2837 36th Street, Sacramento, CA. 95817. Membership is only $25.00 per year. Don’t forget your show and tell item!
- Pacific International Quilt Festival XXII October 17, - 20, 2013 Santa Clara Convention Center - 5001 Great America Pkwy., Santa Clara, CA 95054. http://www.quiltfest.com/activities.asp?id=7
- Sacramento Center for Textile Art, Art to Wear Fashion Show and Sale 11/09/2013 - 11/10/2013, 10:00 AM @ Shepard Garden and Arts Center, 3330 McKinley Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95816 https://www.facebook.com/SacramentoCenterForTheTextileArts
- River City Quilters Quilt Show Friday & Saturday, 11/15-17/13, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. @Scottish Rite Temple, 6151 H Street, Sacramento, CA.Featured Artist: Kitty Oliver, Quilts - Wearable Art, Vendors - Demonstrations, Silent Auction - Door Prizes Admission: $7 per day, Ages 12 and under free if, accompanied by an adult http://www.rivercityquilters.org/show/
- February 1, 2014 – February 15, 2014- . In celebration of Black History Month, Sisters Quilting Collective (SQC) will host its 3rd annual Quilt Exhibit: “Our Stories in Quilts: Quilts That Are Inspired by the Stories in Our Lives”. The exhibit will highlight African-American Quilters and Quilts. The 2014 program will feature: a key note address by Karen Boutte, author and noted quilter, opening and closing receptions, presentations by the 2014 exhibit quilters, quilting story circles, children’s quilting activities, presentations and fashion show by fabric and wearable artists, a presentation on the historical significance of African American quilters and quilting, raffles and a presentation and prize drawing for the 2014 SQC Opportunity Quilt.The Brickhouse Art Gallery2837 36th Street, Sacramento, CA. 95817 http://sistersquiltingcollectivesqc.blogspot.com/
Posted by Faye Kennedy at 5:24 AM